From time-to-time you will be required to carry-out general administrative tasks as part of the ongoing maintenance of your Corporate Card Programme. We have provided a list of tasks below and outlined the processes required by you and the service delivery you will receive.
- Applying for a Card
- Approval / delivery of Cards (new and urgent Cards)
- Statement Delivery
- How to pay your account
- Direct Debit
- Dispute a charge
- Late payment charges
- Renewal and replacement Cards
- Lost or stolen Cards
- Cancel a Card
- Reinstate a cancelled Card
- Chip & Pin
Helpful tips for completing an application form
Either print the application form (complete using black ink) or complete it online.
When completing online, click in the first empty box and enter your name. Either click in the next text box or click 'tab'.
- When completing personal details, please ensure the following:
- enter full name
- provide at least one telephone number (home and/or office)
- specify home NL address
- provide mother's maiden name and your date of birth
- sign the application form and provide a Company authorised signature
- Once completed, print out the form and sign where marked. Please note, save a copy. The Programme Administrator (you) needs to receive the application form and check if everything is filled in correctly, please make sure all is completed before processing.
Complete the Cardmember Application Form and email it to . Decline decisions are sent in writing to the Administrator and to the Card Applicant within 5 days. Due to data protection reasons, it might be that American Express is not able to disclose to the Administrator the reason for the decline.
It usually takes between seven to nine working days to process Card Applications from receipt to account set-up. Due to fraud prevention reason, Cards are delivered but are not activated until the Card member activates following the instructions on the Card (www.americanexpress.nl/activeren).
Approval/delivery of urgent Cards
In the event that you need a Card delivered urgently, please email your request with your application form to by 1 pm for delivery within 3-5 days. Please specify the following information:
- URGENT in the email header
- That you accept the fee of €22.50 (which will appear on your Statement)
- A date and time the Card is required by and any special delivery instructions
- Please ensure that you have completed all fields on the application form and that it has been approved by a Company Authoriser (application forms cannot be authorised by the applicant)
- The Card will be send by DHL. DHL does not deliver on Saturday and Sunday.
Please note the Urgent request delivery of the Card can only be done for the American Express Corporate Card, KLM American Express Corporate Card and Corporate Meeting Card.
Statements for individually billed Corporate Cards are made available via the secure Online Services. In order to receive the monthly email alert, informing the Cardmembers that the new statement is available online, the Cardmembers need to register for Online Services via www.americanexpress.nl/registreren and register their email address. The online statement can be downloaded as a PDF. If Cardmembers need help enrolling in the Online Services they can contact American Express Customer Service (phone number on the back of the Card).
For centrally billed Corporate Cards you can either continue to receive paper statements or you can receive an online version in @ Work (Company statement). Please call Corporate Customer Service to register (+31 (0)20 504 8999).
Paper statements are received in seven working days of cycle cut.
Once the Direct Debit instruction is activated, the Corporate Card account is automatically paid in full each month.
Home Banking / Internet Banking
It is important to pay the full balance.
Please add your full Company account / Corporate Card number as a reference (15-digits).
Bank: Deutsche Bank
To the attention of: American Express Services Europe Limited
IBAN: NL63 DEUT 0265 1880 40
For detailed instructions for central payments please download our Corporate Payment guide.
Cardmembers can setup a direct debit via the Corporate Customer Service telephone number on +31 (0)20 504 8700.
Direct Debit is collected from the bank account 28 days after the statement date, unless otherwise agreed with the Company. The monthly statement will advise the date the payment will be collected for that month.
For enquiries relating to transactions on your statement, please contact American Express Customer Service on +31 (0)20 504 8700, Corporate Gold Cardmembers / KLM American Express Corporate Cardmembers can contact +31 (0)20 200 8244.
A late payment fee is payable in the following circumstances, without a default notice being required:
- if an amount is outstanding on your Account one (1) month past your Statement date, we may charge a fee of 1.5% with a minimum of €15 of all overdue sums which are then unpaid, to be calculated and applied on the subsequent Statement date;
- if an amount is outstanding on your Account two (2) months past your Statement date and every month thereafter, we may charge a fee of 3% with a minimum of €30 of all overdue sums which are then unpaid, to be calculated and applied on the subsequent Statement date.
Depending on the account setup, the renewal Cards are send either directly to the Cardmember or to the Company Administrator. Cards are received two to three weeks prior to expiry of the current Card.
To request a replacement Card, please contact Customer Service team on +31 (0)20 504 8700 and for Corporate Gold Cardmembers / KLM American Express Corporate Cardmembers on +31 (0)20 200 8244. The team will ask the reason for replacement and confirm where the Card will be delivered.
Immediately contact Customer Services on +31 (0)20 504 8700 to block the lost or stolen Card. American Express will issue a replacement Card. In case of an emergency American Express can provide a replacement Card, usually within 3-5 days.
You can also request for a Card to be replaced if the existing one is lost, stolen, damaged etcetera in @ Work Programme Management. The Card will be sent to the usual Card dispatch address.
If any card you have specified as missing or stolen is found yet, you must destroy it and wait for a replacement card.
To cancel a Card, you can submit a request via @ Work Programme Management.
These requests will be automatically updated into the system and you will be able to monitor all of your requests via Status Tracking.
- Future Card Cancellation – you are able to submit a Card Cancellation for up to 6 months in the future.
- Mass Card Cancellation – you are able to submit up to 20 card cancellations in one request.
To cancel more than 20 Cards, please send an email to with the Cardmember names and Cardnumbers. Cards that are cancelled by email will be actioned within five working days upon receipt.
If a Cardmember account has been cancelled with a zero balance, American Express will review the account to determine if it can be reinstated.
If the Card has been cancelled due to non-payment reinstatement can be requested by using the Reinstatement form, you can retrieve this from from the Corporate Customer Service team +31 (0)20 504 8999.
Any reinstated Card due to previous non-payment, incure a reinstatement charge of €150 (this cost is non-reimbursable).
It may not always be possible to reinstate a Card. The Card should be destroyed if the account can't be reinstated.
The PIN will be sent separately just before or after receipt of the Card. If Cardmembers forget their PIN, they can always view their PIN online, by logging on to Online Services at www.americanexpress.nl/pincode. If not enrolled yet, Cardmembers can easily register for Online Services via the above link.